This website is provided by HAE International (HAEi) for educational and advocacy purposes only.
You may use our websites only for lawful purposes. You may not use our websites:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
The information, including opinions and recommendations, contained on this website is for educational purposes only. Such information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
No one should act upon any information provided on this website without first seeking medical advice from a qualified medical physician. No matter how accurate or relevant, information derived from the internet or emails is no substitute for competent medical care.
The information on this website is provided with the best intentions and is accurate to the best of HAEi’s knowledge. We are committed to keeping this website up to date and accurate. Should you nevertheless encounter anything incorrect or out of date, we would appreciate it if you let us know. Please indicate where on the website you read the information. We will then look at this as soon as possible. Please send your response by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide translations of some of our websites. These translations are powered by Google Translate, which uses computer programs to generate a machine translation. The programs are improving all the time, but translations may not always be accurate.
When using web forms, we strive to limit the number of required fields to a minimum. For any loss suffered as a result of the use of data, advice, or ideas provided by or on behalf of HAEi via this website, HAEi accepts no liability.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
All intellectual property rights to content on this website are vested in HAEi.
Our website contains copyright material, trade names and marks, and other proprietary information.
You may only download, view, print out, use, quote from and cite the website for your own personal, non-commercial use and on the condition that you give appropriate acknowledgment to HAEi. We expressly reserve all intellectual property rights.
Your use of this website is subject to the following restrictions. You must not:
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the content.
- Use any content from this website in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right, or proprietary right of us or any third parties.
- Reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit HAEi and/or the content for any commercial purpose, without our prior written consent.
You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyright material.
Modifying the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, or further using any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from any accompanying text is not permitted without the written permission of HAEi.
HAEi (and any identified contributors), as the authors of content on our website, must always be acknowledged.
Creating an account or a profile
The create an account or profile services are intended solely for people who are aged 13 years or older. If you are under the legal age to form a binding contract in your country, (1) you represent that you have permission from your parent or legal guardian to provide personal details and (2) that your parent or legal guardian has reviewed and agreed to these Terms on your behalf. We advise parents who permit their children to use any interactive or profile service to educate their children regarding online safety.
Use of Member Organization Exclusive Access Codes for HAEi Websites
If you have been provided with an Exclusive Access Code, by your Member Organization leads or HAEi, you are responsible for its appropriate use. The code is intended for only authorized recipients (member of the organization, HAEi staff) specified by the Member Organization lead or HAEi sender. It is strictly forbidden to share your Exclusive Access Code with any third party without written consent from the Member Organization lead or HAEi.
Uploading an image
When uploading or contributing an image (‘photograph’ ‘photo’ ‘picture’) to any HAEi website, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree, please DO NOT upload or contribute an image in any way.
HAEi reserves the right to reject and remove any uploaded image from display on its website, for any reason, at any time, without prior notice. Images that are rejected or removed will be deleted from the website entirely, with no copies remaining in the HAEi system.
By uploading an image to any HAEi website:
- You guarantee that you are the legal owner of the copyright of that image or have been awarded full and unrestricted rights from the copyright owner, copyright, and have full rights to copy, transmit and display the image in any media on this website or any other.
- You guarantee that any people who are clearly identifiable have consented to have their likeness printed or displayed or that you have full rights to use the image in this manner and accept full responsibility for such use.
- You are solely responsible for its content and for any offense, claims, or damages that arise from the content of that image. You should only upload images that are appropriate and relevant to your activity. You must not upload images that contain objectionable or potentially offensive content. This includes but is not limited to nudity, violence, and other offensive, illegal or inappropriate images or videos.
- You give HAEi permission to use the image for any promotional purposes whatsoever, such as using the image in its data feeds to other websites, in our social media platforms, or in our Global Perspectives magazine or newsletters.
- You agree that HAEi cannot be held responsible for the misuse or abuse of any image you upload to an HAEi website.
Suspension and Termination
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our websites and/or profiles and accounts.
- Issuance of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs).
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as required by law.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Third Party Links and Resources
Our websites may contain links to other websites and resources operated by third parties. These links are provided for your reference only. We do not control third party websites or resources and are not responsible for their availability or content.
Our inclusion of links to any third party websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
Linking to our Websites
You may link to our websites, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our websites may not be framed in/on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Limitations Of Liability
Please read this section carefully as it sets out the limits of our liability to you in relation to your use of HAEi’s websites.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations, or other terms which may apply to our websites or any content on them, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use our websites; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our websites (regardless of the origins of such content).
You agree not to use our sites for any commercial or business purposes. We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, business, business interruption, or business opportunity.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to or from our websites. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsements by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of our websites or to your downloading of any content from them, or on any website(s) linked to or from them.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Information We Collect
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of any personal information you’ve provided us.
If you have any questions or problems with the accessibility of the website, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
Updates to these terms
HAEi reserves the right to alter these terms at any time for any reason without prior notice. You are responsible for keeping yourself updated on any such changes that might affect you.
Last updated: February 2022.